The rest is silence

I'm not sure about this, but I suspect I'll never write a book because everything I want to say has been said already by two gentlemen: Berkeley Breathed in his Bloom County books, and Garry Trudeau in Doonesbury. Of the two, I enjoy Trudeau in his current form, and I LOVED Breathed in his '80s, '90s form. Of late, Breathed's comp-coloured extravaganzas somehow lack bite. I think a great comic artist-writer is a sort of oracle, spotting trends, and being able to see the pitfalls and blunders we are heading for. That was what I loved the early Breathed for. Now, only Trudeau sems to be doing it. Here he is on the elections - is he cool, or what??

PS: As i clicked publish post, news came that the O-man has won. Amazing and truly wonderful, but really given the royal republican mess made by GBW (who Trudeau symbolizes using a battered Roman-legionary-type helmet), was there any doubt? I mean, I was scared and had doubts that McCain would win - nothing against him specifically, but because it would mean an endorsement of everything gross that the republicans stand for. In true oracular style, Guru Trudeau at least had no doubts.

Comments

Popular Posts